Age Corrective Treatments
What is Skin Ageing?
Skin ageing can be classified into two different groups: Intrinsic (dependant on genes) and extrinsic ageing which is caused from exposure to external factors such as smoking, pollution, wind, heat and of course the most harmful effects on the skin are caused by Ultraviolet Rays from exposure to the sun. Up to 80% of all ageing may be due to exposure to the sun.
Photo ageing is the process by which skin is changed or damaged as a result of exposure to ultraviolet radiation and other sources. Collagen and elastin production are stunted with sun exposure, causing the skin to lose its ability to repair itself and the long term effects of this process on the skin include fine lines and wrinkles, uneven colouring and textural changes as well as the skin becoming thinner and becoming less resistant to wrinkling. In addition, the levels of growth factors which are naturally present in our skin decline with age thus slowing down the repair process.
The following treatments stimulate the skin to produce human growth factors, which are responsible for normal cell division and cell differentiation:
- Micro Needling/ Dermarolling
- Bio Skin Jetting
- IPL (Ellipse) Skin Rejuvenation
- Or any treatment that can stimulate repair in the papillary dermis of the skin.
In addition the application of Topical Growth factors can compliment skin repair for age-corrective treatments.
What are growth Factors?Human growth factors are naturally occurring molecules that are produced by the skin. Normal cell division and differentiation (and thereby regeneration) are dependant on growth factor stimulation. IPL, lasers, peels, bioskin jetting and needling are effective treatments able to stimulate the body's production of growth factors.
Dermaheal's unique formulation of skincare products can apply these growth factors directly into the skin, so we use this complex technology in conjunction with our many effective modalities to achieve optimum results.
Micro Needling / Dermarolling / Mesopen
Needling - current treatments (creams and facial treatments) often face the problem of poor penetration of ingredients into the skin and occasionally prolonged recovery time from more effective, yet aggressive treatments. A range of needling devices are available to address these challenges, with excellent results.
The Dermarolling devices that we use are the only US FDA, CE approved and German patented devices whose efficacy has been proven by scientific studies at universities and medical schools all over the world.
The microneedling-concept is based on these main functions:
- Increased penetration of active substances into the skin (transdermal delivery)
- Stimulation of the body's own production of collagen (Collagen induction therapy) by the fibroblast in the dermis of the skin.
- Every cell functioning in the epidermis and upper dermis is improved.
The Dermaroller is a highly effective device for transdermal delivery and skin rejuvenation with minimal side effects.
What is Collagen Induction therapy (CIT)?The principle behind Collagen Induction Therapy is simple: to stimulate the body's own production of collagen. This is accomplished by mechanically stimulating the deeper layers of the skin, which results in the start of the repair process. The device is a surgical stainless steel roller compromised of 192 fine needles which are used to puncture the skin and intensely stimulate the production of collagen. These punctures, and there are thousands, produced by rolling a device across the treated area, become the focal point for the body to produce its own collagen.
In 2006, a German plastic surgeon proved in an internationally published study that the Dermaroller, studded with needles ranging from 0.5 to 1.5mm in length, induces the body's own production of collagen between 200 and 1000%.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Creates a healthier skin able to hold moisture
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars and other depressed scars on the body
- Excellent for improved skin texture
- Helps improve stretch marks
- Restores a healthy glow to dull, tired skin
- Increases hair growth in areas where hair growth is reducing
- Painless, as a topical anaesthetic application prepares the skin.
- There is no downtime, only mild redness and swelling for 1-3 days, easily hidden with a light foundation from the second day.
- There is no sensitivity as the epidermis stays intact.
- Visible and lasting results.
- The treatment is cost effective.
- Dermarolling can be used on thin skin.
- It can be used on all areas of the face, neck, decollete and body.
- This is a non ablative technique with no post op pain and no scars.
- It can be used safely on all skin types, for men and women.
Bio Skin Jetting
Bio Skin Jetting is a completely natural method of diminishing wrinkles based upon the skins own natural regeneration capabilities. By creating a controlled injury into the wrinkle the dermal tissue is stimulated into forming new tissue that contains young collagen and elastin fibres that spread through the wrinkle. It is a revolutionary wrinkle treatment and a natural alternative to Botox, Restaylane and Purlane.
- No foreign substances injected into the skin
- Non-irritating and safe
- Quick and effective results
- Enhances both your social and professional life
How Bio Skin Jetting Works:
- The introduction of the fine microprobe introduces oxygen to the cells precisely underneath the line of the wrinkle. Oxygen stimulates cellular activity in this area.
- The blood flow to the area immediately underneath the line of the wrinkle is actively encouraged thereby bringing nutrients and nourishment to the area.
- The lymphatic system running parallel to the circulatory system is stimulated thus encouraging the absorption of dead and decaying cells and tissues.
- The tonofibrils in the Stratum Spinosum are activated. These cells are active in children but become dormant in adulthood. They are activated if we fall over and cut ourselves, where we clearly can see how the skin heals itself. It is this reaction that is utilised in Bio Skin Jetting thereby allowing the tonofibrils to plump up the skin in the area worked, thereby reducing the appearance of the wrinkle. NB: no foreign substances are injected into the skin - it is ones own collagen that is stimulated.
Safety:Bio Skin Jetting does not entail injecting any foreign substances into your body. Your skin fills the wrinkle itself with natural collagen. Bio Skin Jetting is therefore exclusively biological in nature and does not use of any substances alien to the body. Therefore this method is completely safe.
Effectiveness:Immediately following the first treatment you will notice that the wrinkle or small blemish is visibly less deep. Because your skin is responsible itself for the formation of collagen, the results are long lasting and natural. A course of 4-6 treatments is recommended and maintenance every 6-8 months.
Is the treatment painful?No. A light anaesthetic cream is applied prior to the treatment.
What does the skin look like after treatment?Immediately after the treatment the wrinkles are transformed into fine red lines. These disappear within a few days. It is important to use sun block after the treatment. It is possible in the intervening period to camouflage the area with makeup.
How many treatments are necessary?Depending on the number of wrinkles a treatment may vary in duration between 15 and 40 minutes. The treatment can be repeated every two weeks, and the amount required depends very much on your age, lifestyle and the depth of the wrinkles. You will notice an improvement after each treatment. For fine wrinkles one to 3 treatments are usually required. For deeper wrinkles we advise 5 to 7 treatment sessions.
History:The treatment is broadly based on a simple and minor surgical procedure called subscision which was developed by two US based dermatologists. Doctors Norman and David Orentreich in 1991. Subscision is designed to lesson wrinkles and scars, particularly those caused by Acne and lifts depressions in two ways:
- By releasing bound-down scars and wrinkles from there underlying attachments so the skin releases back up.
- By stimulating the skin's fibroblasts to produce new collagen at these sites of under the skin micro-surgery.
Visit www.bioskinjetting.com for more info.
Bio Skin Smoothing
Bio Skin Smoothing, is the result of collaboration and research between Sterex International, the Pascaud Institute and Dr Alla Timtchenko, a Russian dermatologist who worked and continues to work very closely with Pascaud Beauty group to develop the method and products. BioSkinSmoothing helps target deeper wrinkles, scars and the fine intertwined network of fine lines found on mature skin. Whilst the treatment can be used on its own, combined with Jetting (used during treatments or as an after - treatment once optimum collagen production has been reached) it gives "amazing results". A machine using a modified high frequency current and a 24-carat gold plated "wand" (resembling a miniature iron) are slowly moved over the skin's surface to help smooth wrinkles away.
Bio Skin Smoothing scar program can treat either atrophy or hypertrophy scars extremely effectively. Effective on scars such as chicken pox, Acne scarring or stretch marks it is also proven to reduce the appearance of hypertrophic scars of over one year in age. Whilst nothing can be done about the colour of scars BioSkinSmoothing can reduce the appearance of the "wrinkling" around stretch marks, will lift atrophy scars by stimulating collagen production and reduce hypertrophic scars by utilising the production of heat in the tissues.
Objectives for treatment:
- Improves and refines skin texture and condition
- Tightens and lifts lines. Wrinkles and atrophic scars
- Effective on hypertrophic scarring
- Stimulates the skin to form collagen
- Improves skin contours
- Improves Lymphatic Drainage
Visit www.skinbysterex.com for more info.
Non Surgical Facelift Treatment
Micro Current technology is used on each deep and superficial muscle of the face and neck to strengthen and tone slackening muscles. Micro-current increases adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which is a form of chemical energy required for the cells metabo-lism. Electrons form the basis for energy exchange within our cells. The Mitochondria are the energy units within our cells because of the production of ATP that occurs within them.
- Increases blood flow
- Improves Lymph drainage
- Stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis
- Increases Glycoaminoglycan (GAG's) production responsible for the plumping effect, or ability of the skin to hold moisture.
Excellent for maintaining youth, softening expression lines and strengthening sagging muscles. Recommended course of 12 treatments. Maintenance treatments are necessary every 2 to 4 weeks depending on age and one's lifestyle.
As we get older our blood circulation slows down and there are less nutrients and a lack of stimulation to the muscles. The muscle begins to weaken and gravity encourages a slackening of the muscles.
Micro lift is an electro-stimulator which sends a micro current through the skin and muscle via two hand held probes, producing a firming and lifting effect on the muscles of the face and neck. Micro lift also stimulates the lymphatic's therefore reducing puffiness and fluid retention around the eye area. The natural regenerative processes are promoted increasing tone and elasticity in the skin.
A course of 12 treatments is recommended, with maintenance treatments every 2-4weeks. This technique has been used in the medical profession for over 30 years and is painless and perfectly safe in fact it is very beneficial.
- Strengthens sagging facial muscles
- Smooth and reduce lines and skin folds
- Relieves frown lines
- Reduces puffiness around the eyes.
- Improves the skin texture
- Is safe and painless
Skin Rejuvenation: IPL
Most people would like to keep a young and fresh look forever, however this is not easy as our skin ages due to excessive sun exposure and the decreased production of collagen. Photo Rejuvenation treatment with Ellipse helps you keep a younger and fresher look. Focusing on 3 areas: The blotchy pigmented areas from over exposure to the sun, vascularity on the skin due to a thinning epidermis and hereditary factors and general ageing of the skin that is exasperated by oxidative processes, causing the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
The safe, visible light emitted from the Ellipse flash lamp removes age spots and visible blood vessels, stimulating collagen and improving the texture of the skin. An excellent treatment as results can be noticed after only one treatment. If followed by Dermarolling or Micro Needling, exceptional results are achieved for age-correction..